Tuesday 14 June 2011

Quinoa and Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers

I'm a little fazed by where to start with this blog, so I'm going to begin with a tasty picture of the stuffed peppers I made for dinner today.



Recipe:
* Boil equal amounts brown rice and quinoa.
* Fry an onion, garlic and ginger.
* Mix together, with canned tomatoes and cumin.
* Fill peppers with mixture and place in pre-heated oven for ~30 minutes, or until peppers are cooked through and rice mixture is dried out and crunchy on top.
* I also added some sesame seeds on top of some of the peppers - if you do this, place under a grill for a few minutes to toast the seeds.
* I served them with salad, hummus and my favourite salad dressing: flaxseed and sesame oilmixed with lime juice.

Verdict: Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment